Wednesday | August 28, 2002
Bush's one idea
From today's Alterman:
Let us note, also for the record that when Bush I went to war in 1991 it had:
Posted August 28, 2002 05:01 PM | Comments (1)
W has none of this. He does not even, apparently, have the support of his own party or much of his own military. He just has an idea stuck in his head and lord help us, there doesn’t seem to be room for another one.
- A Congressional resolution
- A Security Council resolution
- The support of all of our allies in Europe and Japan
- The support of most of the Arab world, either passive or active, including an invitation from Saudi Arabia to base our troops there.
- A president who had served honorably in war himself