Friday | May 30, 2003
Iraq casualties: what Bush has wrought
The following is courtesy of message board denizen Pat K:
TALLY OF COALITION DEATHS IN IRAQ II
The following is a breakdown of coalition (US and UK)
PERIOD 1: March 20th through April 9th, 2003, when the statue of Saddam Hussein was toppled in Baghdad. Deaths during this 21 day period averaged 7 per day.
PERIOD 2: April 10th (the day after Baghdad fell) through May 1st when President Bush announced the end of major combat aboard the aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln. Deaths during this 22 day period averaged 1 per day.
PERIOD 3: May 2nd (the day after the aircraft carrier announcement) through today's date (May 29th). Deaths during this 28 day period averaged 1.25 per day.
TOTAL DEATHS: 20 March thru 29 May, 2003.
(1) Department of Defense press releases @ DoDPosted May 30, 2003 11:59 AM | Comments (56)
(2) CENTCOM press releases @ CENTCOM
(3) British Ministry of Defense website @ MoD
(4) The Army Times website casualty list @ Army Times
(5) The CNN website casualty list @ CNN
(6) Venik's War in Iraq website @ www.iraqwar.ru